The latest report of the National Epidemiology Center revealed that there were 268 new HIV Ab Sero-positive individuals confirmed by the STD/AIDS Cooperative Central Laboratory. This is a 54 percent increase compared from the same month in 2010. With this additional data from December, the total number of cases for 2011 reached 2,349.
Aside from the information above, here are some of the highlights of the report:
- 94 percent of cases were males
- The age range was 16 to 59 years and the 20 to 29 year group had the most number of cases
Read more on SAS.
You may also like:
Latest posts by MP-KNN team (see all)
- MP-KNN SciComm is accepting applications! - June 3, 2020
- Ako Para Sa Bata 2019: For Teens, By Teens - November 26, 2019
- Ako Para Sa Bata 2019: Onward and Hopeful–Ako Para Sa Bata, Then and Now - November 26, 2019