The ABU, CASBAA and UNICEF are now inviting Asia-Pacific broadcasters and producers to submit entries for the Asia-Pacific Child Rights Award 2010.
Programmes both for children and about children are eligible and can cover any child rights issue. Entries can include documentaries that detail the plight of children, dramas that help break down stereotypes and discrimination, or animation that teaches and entertains.
Entries must have been broadcast between June 2009 and May 2010 and must be received by 25 June 2010. The Award will be presented during the ABU General Assembly on 19 October 2010 in Tokyo, Japan. The winner will be flown to Tokyo for the ceremony.
Past winners include:
· 2009: All I Need, by MTV EXIT
· 2008: I-Witness: Child Beasts of Burden, by Philippine’s GMA Network Inc.
· 2007: Children Left Behind, by Hong Kong’s Jade TVB
· 2006: Conquering the Darkness – The Fight Against Memories of Abuse, by Japan’s Kansai Telecasting Corporation
· 2005: Juvenile Injustice, by Philippine’s ABS-CBN Channel 2
· 2004: Hong Kong Connection: Children In Need, by Radio Television Hong Kong
· 2003: Angels in Prison, by Philippines’ GMA-7 Channel
· 2002: Child Soldiers, by Radio Television Hong Kong
· 2001: Children Will Grow, by Japan’s Mainichi Institute
Eligible Countries include:
Afghanistan, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, DPR Korea, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji,
French Polynesia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Republic of Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Lao PDR, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Thailand, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu and Viet Nam
Remarks: This competition is open to all ABU and CASBAA members.
For more information, please visit www.childrightsaward.org or contact [email protected] Details on the Convention on the Rights of the Child can be found at www.unicef.org/crc.
TO REQUEST FOR BROCHURES AND ENTRY FORMS, PLEASE CONTACT
Marge Francia, UNICEF Philippines, +63917858 9447, 9010173, [email protected]
For further information, please contact:
Marge Francia: UNICEF Philippines, +632 9010173, [email protected]
Anom Sani: ABU (Kuala Lumpur), + 603 2282-3592, [email protected]
Helen Shek: CASBAA (Hong Kong), +852 3929 1712, [email protected]
Madeline Eisner: UNICEF Bangkok, +66 2 356 9406 or +66 8 1 701 4626 [email protected]
Kritsada Jirathun: UNICEF Bangkok, +66 2 356 92 49 or +66 8 9 6993240 , [email protected]
You may also like:
Latest posts by MP-KNN team (see all)
- Tales of LSS: Locally Stranded Students in the Midst of the COVID-19 Pandemic - September 14, 2020
- MP-KNN SciComm is accepting applications! - June 3, 2020
- Ako Para Sa Bata 2019: For Teens, By Teens - November 26, 2019